Author: Beth Ashworth
Release Date: January 27, 2015
1. Not telling the truth; lying.
2. Based on lies.
At the young, naive age of twenty-three, Alex Lewis believed in the deepness of his love and the strength of his marriage to, Libby, his teenage sweetheart. Married for three years, but struggling financially to keep a roof over their heads, Alex thought his wife would stand by him till the bitter end. But she didn’t. His world crashed down around him.
Fast forward seven years, we meet Alex Lewis again. In the time since his divorce, he has matured significantly. Now the founder and domineering CEO of A L Investments, a multimillion-pound Investment and Management Company, he couldn’t be more different. The high-flying career he has managed to carve conceals a raw and vulnerable side just under the surface. The scars from his ill-fated marriage run deep, leaving him distant, cold, and alone.
So when his path with Libby crosses and an opportunity for revenge presents itself, Alex jumps at the offer. His mind is determined to make Libby feel the pain he has suffered over the last seven years… but his heart and conscience are fiercely battling against him.
The love of his life is back once again, but who can win in this mendacious game of revenge?
(18+ This book is intended for mature readers. Strong language and graphic sex scenes)
Add to Goodreads
“She’s the girl I can’t forget.”
Elizabeth “Libby” Lewis comes back into her ex husband’s life through a series of seemingly coincidental events and he feels it’s the perfect opportunity for revenge of the broken heart she left him with 7 long years ago.
They each have differing views of what led to their divorce and secrets were kept and lies told. But the CEO of AL Investments is not entirely the man he was at age 23.
“I’m Alex Lewis after all. The multi-millionaire with a jackhammer-sized cock.”
He may be arrogant, confident and self-assured but buried beneath his glares, sharp suits and strong words is a damaged man who longs for his soul mate.
Through the eyes of Alex we explore the tale of their reunion, the true extent of their lies and the depth of their love for one another still there underneath the harsh words and hurtful names.
Having a story entirely told from the male POV was like a breath of fresh air. As readers we cry out for the male perspective more and more these days but for this standalone to come in the mind of Alex it was real, it was true and it was an insight we wouldn’t have had any grasp of if told from Libby’s side.
Our protagonist goes through many emotional changes throughout the story and yet tries to remain the controller in every situation. He makes mistakes proving he is human but ultimately he is still that young man in love with a girl. A girl who had her own troubles to deal with over the 7 years since the breakdown of their marriage.
Beth has written something fresh, new and different to what is mainly on the market currently. Ultimately it is a love story but reading between the lines, it is something original and unique. I adore her style of writing – one not afraid to include any Britishisms and typical phrases – and found myself chuckling away at parts.
Book Dorks everywhere will devour this story with an ace of a storyline! ❤
I’m going to see my ex-wife after almost seven years. I have a million questions plaguing my already overwhelmed mind. What does she look like? Is she still the same? How will she react when she sees me?
The world feels like it’s about to drop out of my arse, but I’m holding onto the welcome knowledge that I’ve got the upper hand in all this. She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s signed up for business suicide with this deal.
And I’m smug as fuck.
Monday is when the plan commences and Libby learns exactly who the new Alex Lewis is, and I’m going to enjoy every fucking minute of it. I’m sure she’ll be kicking herself when she sees me, and maybe even more when she realises what I have in store for her.
About the Author:
As an avid reader from a very early age, Beth has always been keen to put her words onto paper. As a child she was always found with either a book in her hand, a pen and notepad or a computer games controller.
Starting off by initially writing alternate endings to her favourite Jacqueline Wilson books from around the age of ten, Beth has continued to grow and love her passion for books.
Eventually, after many unfinished books and short stories, she finally decided to follow her passion and write books that she hopes people will love.
When she isn’t reading or writing, Beth loves to spend time with her husband and friends.
Twenty Fun Facts about Beth Ashworth:
1. My friends and work colleagues think that I am THE laziest person on the planet. Seriously… I don’t like to do anything.
2. I swear like an absolute trooper. Leave your politeness at the door in my house…
3. I carry my Kindle wherever I go. You never know when you are going to be delayed right?
4. I have a VERY sweet tooth. (Two root canals at 23… Ouch!)
5. I’m terrified of the dentist.
6. I’m also terrified of spiders.
7. Did I mention heights as well?
8. My now Husband and I had a long distance relationship for over a year before he finally moved in with me. (Five years together and still as strong as day one!)
9. It was always a dream of mine to own a pair of Christian Louboutins. Now I have had them over a year and I am too scared to wear them. The red is too pretty!
10. I am part of the most amazing group of girls. My Smut Sisters are my besties and I love them! Within the small group of us, we bring authors, readers and bloggers together. We talk, we laugh, we support, we beta read, we gossip and we watch porn together. (Seriously… we are now past the point of no return)
11. Video games are my obsession. I kick arse at Call of Duty… For real!
12. Justin Timberlake is my boo ❤
13. As much as I love top 40 hits and big music artists, I am also a huge fan of K-POP. Girls’ Generation, SHINee, 2NE1, EXO, 2pm… Love! Love! Saranghae!
14. I had still have an unhealthy obsession with Christian Grey.
15. I have a twitter, but I’m not as hooked with it as I am Facebook.
16. Twinkies and Mountain Dew are craved daily.
17. I hate tea and coffee… bleh!
18. Self-publishing my first book was one of the scariest things I’ve ever done.
19. I’m an only child.
20. I get over emotional at practically everything. Books, films and television programmes can have me in tears with the slightest of things. I need to learn to suck it up… I know.